The activityof Republican State State Semey Municipal enterprise of waterways is determined by the Charter authorized order of Committee of state property and privatization of the Ministry of finance of Republic of Kazakhstan, and consists in the appropriate contents and development of the navigable waterways on the Irtishriver with the purpose of maintenance of ships’safe navigation in borders from Shulbinskiy sluice up to Maitubek settlement by the extent of 320,5 kms.
Guaranteed dimensions of a ship course
|The name of the area||Area extent, km||Depth, sm||Width, m||radius of curvature, m|
|Shulbinskiy sluice - Semey||76,5||105||40||150|
|Semey - Maitubek||213||145||50||200|
For the achievement of the tasks the enterprise carries out:
- Installment and contents of navigating marks of navigable conditions on the served waterways;
- Doing of dredgingand cleaning jobs;
- Systematically improvement of the navigable conditions on the served waterways;
- Doing of the design and survey, topographical, cartographical and research jobs on the maintained waterways;
- Repair realization and hydraulic engineering structures construction (dams, barrages, spurs, groins, quays, bank structures) and their keeping in an efficient condition;
- Fleet repair, ship-fixing realization;
- Provision, repair and manufacturingof stock and property intended for maintenance of the keeping and development of the navigable waterways and hydraulic engineering structures;
- Preparation and transportation of sand-and-gravel mix for the construction of fix structures;
- Information notification of the shipowners about the dimensions of a ship course and about changes of travelling conditions;
- Taking measures on avoiding of water basin pollution;
- Doingtrawling jobs in the water area of a served waterways area;
- Doing jobs with the use of ships, load liftingmechanisms and equipment on the internal waterways of the Republic of Kazakhstan within the limits of the water area and coastal strip;
- Organization of the fleetholding anchorage.
The area from Shulbinskiy sluice up to Maitubek is difficult for navigation, it has a plenty of rifts and large density of navigating marks at the insignificant dimensions of a ship course. The difficult navigable conditions are caused by the usual hydrological conditions. The large speeds of current (до15 km / hour), presence in a channel of rocky rifts and boulders, and also daily fluctuations of waters level arising as a result of job Shulbinskiy hydroelectric power station, negatively influence the navigation. Total, there are 94rifts on the area , 35 of them are with rocky bottom. The average density of the navigating marks is 2,5 marks per kilometer of a way, maximal is 5,3 marks (at the rifts of Low and Top Belokamenskiye with the extent of 7,2 kms38 marks are involved).
For maintenance and improvement of the navigable conditions on all extents of the area from Shulbinskup to Maitubek the complex of travelling jobs is planned which includes earth taking, fixing, bottom cleaning jobs and job on exhibiting (removal) and service of marks of the navigating equipment. The travelling jobs on the basis of way researches are planned which are carried out with the available channel lots on the enterprise.
Exhibiting (removal) and service of marks of the navigating equipment
The navigation at theShulbinskiy sluice –Maitubek is opened on April 25 and lasts till November 2. The duration of navigation is 192 day. All this period at all extents of the area marks of navigable conditions are involved. Total of marks at all extents of the area from Shulbinsk up to Maitubekare 790 pieces, including 245 coastal and 545 floating.
Coastal conditions are exposed on 100 % in a high water, and floating - under the spring scheme (in pilotage maps are designated as familiar "B"). Complete low conditions should be exposed on the areaShulbinsk - Semipalatinsk at the achievement of depths on the rifts – 140 cm., and on the area of Semipalatinsk - Maitubek at achievement of depths on the rifts – 180 cm.
The navigating marks of the navigable conditions by a brigade method are served by the following steam-ships:
- “Kainar” Steam-ship– fromShulbinskiy sluice up to Top Kashtak rift;
- “Barys” Steam-ship– fromLow Kashtak rift up to Zatonskiy rift;
- “Ples” Steam-ship – fromSkopinskiy rift up to Sokolinskiy rift;
- “Puteyskiy-1” Steam-ship – from Mogonovskiy rift up to Low Kulundinskiy rift;
- “Puteyskiy-5” Steam-ship – from Top Dolonskiy rift up to Top Izvestkovskiy rift;
- “Buran” Steam-ship – fromIzvestkovskiy rift up to Top Bra-Vus rift;
- “Puteyskiy-8” Steam-ship – from Bra-Vus rift Бра-Вус up to Low Manantaiskiy rift.
Dredging jobs are directed on the maintenance of ship course dimensions and improvement of the navigable conditions.The jobs are conducted during all navigation with two elevator dredges with technical productivity of 210 м3 per hour and floating grab crane with technical productivity of 60 м3 per hour.
Besides the basic units of the dredged fleet,10 units of the auxiliary fleet are used on this kind of jobs: two dump scowsteam-ships with the capacity of 300 l .s., two guard-ships for the dredge teams residing and four scows with the capacity of110 м3. Barge is used at the grab crane job barge-platform is used. Towing of dredges and crane is put into practice with diesel tugs with capacity of 600 l.s.
Corrective work is done mainly with floating grab crane with technical capacity of 60 m3 per hour. If necessary the multibucket dredger with technical capacity of 210 m3 per hour is used.
Types of planned corrective work: side-cutting, the device of dikes, dams and bank strengthening beach, the repair of existing stream directive dams and spurs.
All erected corrective constructions are of light type and short-term action.
Corrective constructions are strewed of local soil – gravel- sand mixture and pebble. Such constructions aren’t long-term, but they have a number of advantages: speed of erection, full mechanization, sufficient flexibility of the construction, so that the constructions can change their profile by following the deformation of the stream canal.
The main aim of dredging works is preventing of obstacles, which are dangerous for passing boats, in the channel, and also cleaning of the channel and adjacent areas of the river from the existing obstacles. Such obstacles are scrap metal, concrete blocks, singleton stones, debris and snags. The obstacles get into the channel during ice flow or flood. The obstacles are removed with the help of a special vessel, which has a crane plant with elevating capacity of 10 tons and additional equipment for this kind of works. The presence of obstacles is determined by examination of the channel immediately after the flood, if necessary surveying or trawling works are conducted.
Preventive measures to ensure the purity of the channel are the cleanings of the coastline. This is mainly the removal of trees from the washed away denes.
Channel surveys are the basis of all the track works. They are necessary for the analysis of the channel reshaping and correct planning of the track works, creation and updating of pilot cards.
Survey work is done by two channel survey groups. The groups are based on non-self-propelled guard ships, which are equipped with residential cabins, galley, household and sanitary facilities, mess-room and drawing room. When working metal boats with inboard engine and boat PCF are used.
To do survey works (land survey, soundings, material processing, calculation of the volume of the dredging) the hydrographic complex "Crystal-40B." is used. The set includes: sonar, satellite navigation receiver, the mobile computer (laptop), software IndorCAD / River (development of the Tomsk State University).
33 units of technical fleet, including:
- 2 dredges,
- 2 floating cranes,
- 7 situational ships,
- 1 office-crew ship,
- 4 towing ships,
- 17 units of auxiliary fleet are on the balance of the Republican State Enterprise of waterways.
Since 2005 according to the program of renovation and modernization of public technical fleet 10 units of the fleet have been purchased by the enterprise:
- section ships "Kaynar" and "Barys";
- propelled debris crane "KKS-1" with capacity of 10 tons;
- dump scow ship "Almas" with capacity of 450 l.s.;
- two towing ships ВТК-9 and "Batyr" with capacity of 600 l.s.
- non-self-propelled purifying vessel "Ecolog" on the housing of project barge 183 ВМ, with equipment for the collection and recycling of household bilge and untreated water and dry debris;
- two barge- platforms "МП-1002" and "МП-1004" with capacity of 1000 tons;
- examination vessel "Arai" for the crews residence.
TIHOMIROVSKIY MACHINE REPAIR SHOP
The main repair base for vessels РГК СПВП is Tihomirovskiy machine repair shops, including bench and mechanical area, electrical, joinery shop, site for testing the life savings and backwater for winter sludge fleet. There is a recognition of the Shipping Register of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the following works:
- replacement and repair of hull structures and propulsion of ships;
- current repair of diesel engines and engines of motor boats;
- implementation of technical projects for the retrofitting and modernization of vessels without changing the basic elements of ships;
- maintenance and repair of communications equipment of propelled vessels;
- the test of life-savings.